After the Spanish civil war, Nilo Masó, like the rest of the Spanish manufacturers, worked in the restoration of old motorcycles of diverse origin and to the manufacture of industrial and auxiliary engines for bicycle from 1/2 to 4 HP under brands CELTA and ALPHA, with ignition by magnetic flywheel, and transmission demultiplied by crown and roller with elastic system, cast entirely in special alloy of aluminum and with jacketed cylinder of gray cast iron. In 1948 a new ALPHA engine saw the day light, it was a two stroke of 75 cc, with chain transmission, which was mounted on the rear wheel of bikes.
BETWEEN 1949 AND 1951
Between 1949 and 1951, ALPHA manufactured for the Carando brothers (Mario and
Natale), Fabier and Sommariva, and under the license of Italian MV Augusta, the MV ALPHA, with two stroke engines in 98 and 125 cc. The Italian Carando brothers, who had obtained the manufacturing license of the one that would later the great hoarder of world titles, imported some racing MV Augusta in 98 and 125 cc of two stroke cycle, with which they participated with great success in Sporting events themselves, as well as Mario Vilaseca and Enrique González, in particular, while directing the assembly lines from which the first Spanish MV Alpha would emerge in March 1949.
Simultaneously with this activity, Nilo Maso expanded in 1950 ALPHA’s range of products towards lower displacements by coupling small CUCCIOLO engines, which he imported from the Mayfaba house in Madrid, to light ALPHA frame, with which also would concur to sporting events by the hand of “Sutrac” mainly, in addition to making delivery tricycles.
In July 1951, on the occasion of the San Lorenzo de Gijón Trophy, the Carando brothers, lacking liquidity as Fabier and Sommariva did not fulfill the agreed investment agreements, ceded the MV Augusta manufacturing license to Don Alfredo Avello de Natahoyo- Gijón, who would be the one who would henceforth manufacture the MV Augusta in Spain.
To fill this void, Nilo Masó designed his own motorcycle of 75 cc to two-stroke cycle and changes of two to three speeds, that would present in the Official Fair of Samples of Barcelona in 1952, of poor broadcasting. Next to this, a 125 cc two-stroke and three-speed was presented, identical to the English BSA Bantam (except for the covers of the engine cranksets, which had the letters ALPHA engraved instead of the BSA Bantam) of which many more units were fabricated, before being abandoned completely in 1953.
To replace it, and finally return to the field of light transport, where ALPHA had achieved its greatest successes, Nilo Masó manufactured from 1952 tricycles with movable front box and GAMO engines of 50 cc, in 1953 identical vehicles with OSSA and HISPANO VILLIERS engines in 125 cc, for 200 kg, the latter range which in 1954 eliminated the OSSA engine and appeared the 300 kg version with a 175-cc four-stroke FITA engine.
After collaborating from 1953 with the EVYCSA and PONY brands (the last units of this second brand came out with the ALPHA anagram), being technical director of Huracan Motors S.A., also collaborating in the design of one of the first Spanish scooters (the CONDAL from 1952) and tricycles of that same brand, in 1955 Nilo Masó would launch his last product with the ALPHA brand, a motorcycle of rear box with HISPANO VILLIERS engine of 197 cc, definitively disappearing soon after.